We are very proud to have sustained a commitment to new music through the past decade. Your submissions will help us continue this tradition and bring works by living composers to a wider audience. We thank you for participating!
Registration and Submissions for the 2012 Cincinnati Camerata Composition Contest are due no later than 5:00 pm on December 1st, 2012. After that, this page will be removed from our website, and no late submissions can be accepted.
Guidelines for 2012 contest entries:
- One score limit per composer.
- $30 entry fee.
- Mixed choir (SATB), maximum divisi SSAATTBB.
- Unaccompanied. Please provide a piano reduction.
- Recordings or MIDI files are welcome but not required. (Attach to email with score if submitting.)
- Texts may be sacred or secular, but a letter of permission from copyright owner must accompany any submissions using texts not in the public domain.
- Duration: no longer than 5 minutes.
Open to all U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
$500 and a performance during the 2012-13 season.
Registration & Submission Instructions:
- Please read all three instruction steps carefully and then complete and submit the application form at the bottom of this page. Once submitted, the form itself will be replaced by a green confirmation message that your information was submitted successfully. You will also receive a confirmation email copy of your submitted information.
- Email your score as an attachment in PDF format to compositions@
cincinnaticamerata.comand include your contact information in the body of the email. Also, please be sure that no identifying personal information appears anywhere on the attached PDF score (or any submitted recording / MIDI file, including filenames)! This will help us ensure submissions will be reviewed anonymously.
- Payment of the entry fee of $30 must be submitted by mailed check. Make the check out to “Cincinnati Camerata” and send it to: Cincinnati Camerata Composition Contest, 7560 Silver Creek Road, Cleves, OH 45002.
Announcement of winner
The winning composition will be announced here on the Cincinnati Camerata website on January 15th, 2013. All applicants will also be notified by email.
If you have further questions about your submission, please refer them by email to Ellen Harrison.